For those who have an interest - even if only a passing one - in the sometimes bizarre activities of Scotland's Top Mind Master, DREW McADAM.

Monday, April 30, 2007

December 2006

I’d like to share with you just what a wonderful year it’s been. Over the past 12 months I’ve performed at everything from a masked ball near Aberfoyle to a beach on St Lucia for some new Rastafarian friends. I’ve had the pleasure of performing from as far North as Inverness, to as far South Kent. Schools, swanky hotels and castles. There’s been TV work – including a guest spot on Ready Steady Cook. Five weeks out of the year was spent in the Caribbean - from Florida, south to Trinidad, and a point just off the coast of Venezuela. So many wonderful, wonderful experiences.

I’ve spent time in the company of some of my heroes, including Steve Harley, Paul Zenon, Marc Paul, Ian Rowland, Marc Salem, Buzz Aldin(?), Quincy Jones, Barry Cryer, Andrea Bocelli and Uri Geller. There have been wonderful celebrations with wonderful friends - and VERY talented people – including Colin McLeod, Gavin James, Don Jack, Dave Cairns, Len Murray, and Dave Arcari... actually, waaay too many to mention. There has been ANOTHER grandchild (Billy): the making of new friends and reunions with old friends.

My wish from last year came true, so I’m making the same wish this year. “The joy of coming into contact with new people with new stories, from the celebrities to the waiting staff and stage engineers. Fellow performers and speakers - new friends, who hopefully will become old friends - and old friends who made this year so deliciously sweet. I only wish I could have spent more time with you than I have.”

Oh, if only I had the time to call each one of you and thank you personally. But believe me, your friendship is incredibly precious to me. Thank you, one and all.

If you know me at all, and we have met on the circuit - or spoken at length in person or on the telephone – the above is meant for you.

I am a very, very lucky man.

No comments: